Friday, February 12, 2010

Beware, dental floss, I've got my eye on you...

For the past several days, I've tried just about everything under the sun to keep my daughter busy during our 7,456th snow day this month.  She has played outside, though without a friend to play with, not as happily as I might have wished.  She is on Book 3 of the Percy Jackson series.  She is on the gazillionth level of Wizard 101 on the computer.  We've worked on parts of several Junior Badges, including 4 activities for the Piece of Cake Badge!  And we've made friendship bracelets.  And anklets.  And rings.  We graduated from the pattern in the Junior Handbook and moved on to the Klutz book I had squirreled away.  We've raided the beads bin and embroidery floss and have come up with variations I think are pretty cool.


I'm a little bit nervous, though, about the predicted snow in a few days.  If we have another snow day and run out of supplies, I already have a glimmer in my eye contemplating using dental floss.  Probably the unwaxed...

No comments: