Monday, March 29, 2010

Itty-bitty job, great big panic...

Telerik donated the professional Sitefinity license for the new Autism Spectrum Support Group of Southern Maryland website.  I'm so grateful.
However, I'm not so thrilled with my response to the need to set the licensing information for the above:  Panic.  My heart is pounding.  I know that our developer was only mostly serious when he said that an admin login can nuke the website and to use the keys to the kingdom wisely, Grasshopper.  I know that.  And I think I could do it.  But frankly, the direction, "To set your licensing information, copy the attached LicenseFile.xml file to the Sitefinity folder of your project placed in the root of your web application" has absolutely NO MEANING to me.  I understand every word (except .xml, but that's not really a word, now, is it?) but have no clue as to the meaning of these particular words strung together in this particular order.  And I have no wish to mess with the Sitefinity folder if I could even find it.  Did I mention panic?
 
I'm the mother of two children with special needs.  Heck, I'm the human of a dog with special needs.  I handle more by 8 a.m. than most people handle all day.  Why is one little direction line causing so much drama in my little piece of the world?


1 comment:

Lori said...

I dabbled in web design a few years ago so I understood (in order, even) some of that...but not enough to feel confident telling you where your root drive/page is. Or your web application for that matter! :)
Funny how personal and intimate web administration can be, huh?