Friday, June 4, 2010

Survival Handbook... New chapters wanted



I've been reading The WORST-CASE SCENARIO Survival Handbook by Joshua Piven and David Borgenicht.  I've learned how to:
  • Escape from quicksand
  • Break into a car
  • Escape from a sinking car (very important given the Governor Thomas Johnson Bridge)
 
  • Escape from a bear
  • Wrestle free from an alligator, and
  • Jump from a building into a dumpster
I'm looking forward to learning how to jump from a moving car, perform a tracheotomy, and survive if my parachute fails to open.  I keep this book in my purse for easy reference.

Just today this book came in handy as I believe I may have saved a friend from a possible shark attack as sharks will perceive bling bling bikinis as tasty fish scales.

I must say, though, that I could really use some chapters on "How to survive the teenage years of a son with Asperger's," "How to get your IEP team do what's right for your child," "How to fend off your pre-teen daughter's pre-teen-ness," and "How to get through the 10 weeks of summer vacation."  (And I bet a number of you could add your own chapter titles.)  Right now, I'd settle for "How to make an inspired dinner when you have no inspiriation or energy."  Now that would be a best-seller 10 times over.

1 comment:

Confessions of a Mother, Lawyer & Crazy Woman said...

HAHA! Reading through your old posts now and have to say THANK YOU! for the blinged-out bikini concern. Thanks to you, I now am the proud owner of a non-shark-attracting navy tankini with a skirt (LL Bean, no bling there for miles!). I owe you for that!

Also stopped back to say thank you so much for all the good thoughts and positive energy lately! You are a kind and caring friend! I'll call you if I ever need to jump into a dumpster.