Monday, July 12, 2010

It's a dirty job, but someone's got to say it.


Powered by BannerFans.com

There's this really cool blog I found awhile back called Autism Sucks.  It's slogan is, "Sometimes autism sucks, but our kids never do."  Well, Amen to that, Sister!

It's nice to go visit there because nobody has to apologize for being ticked off with life at the moment.  People write it as they feel it -- the ups and the downs of living with/parenting (and sometimes /being) a person with autism.  It's rarely pretty, and sometimes it feels like gallows humor, but then, that's autism.

I read the slivers of lives of other parents, and most of the time, I can relate to exactly what they're saying, if not now, then at some point in our 10-year journey down this road.  I can add a comment that is not necessarily politically correct but is acceptable to the audience of the blog.  I don't have to watch what I say or feel grateful for what I've got when I visit there.

Autism really does suck.  Every once in a while, it's nice to be able to say it out loud without denouncement.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I'm so glad that you have that outlet.

I think that for all the grace people expect us to extend to others...it often seems as if we are not entitled to have some ourselves because there's ALWAYS some situation that's worse or trumps another...or so it seems.

So it's nice to be able to just say--THIS SUCKS. I hate it. I wish it was different.

Without sounding ungrateful or unappreciative for your blessings.

Everyone needs that outlet and I'm glad you have it!