Saturday, July 10, 2010

Resonance

After writing Just this..., I realized that there probably is a google-able list of church sign sayings. Yep, there is.  You've probably seen some of them before.  These are the ones that resonated with me:
  • IF THERE MUST BE TROUBLE, LET IT BE IN MY DAY THAT MY CHILD MAY HAVE PEACE -- Amen.  I have nothing more to say about this.
  • 24 HOUR LIFEGUARD ON DUTY - SEE JOHN 3:16 -- What a comfort.
  • GOD'S PROMISES ARE GUARANTEED FOR ETERNITY -- Not to repeat myself or anything, but what a comfort!
  • IT IS UNLIKELY THERE'LL BE A REDUCTION IN THE WAGES OF SIN -- Nope, no reduction in wages, but payment made!  (See John 3:16.)
  • WILL YOUR ETERNAL HOME BE SMOKING OR NON-SMOKING? -- Took a second, didn't it?  I'd like non-smoking, please.
  • CHRIST TAKES US AS WE ARE AND MAKES US WHAT WE OUGHT TO BE -- Strive for it.
  • WHEN TROUBLE GROWS, YOUR CHARACTER SHOWS -- This is the lesson I so want my children to understand.  Ethics.  Integrity.  Honesty.  These aren't just words.
  • TRUTH IS ALWAYS THE STRONGEST ARGUMENT -- I like to think so, but in the world of Special Education, it seems to me that school system lawyers have the strongest argument, truth or not.  (Or sometimes letter of the law but not spirit of the law.)
  • GREAT PRAISE OFTEN GROWS OUT OF GREAT PAIN -- My friend lives this.
  • TELL THE KIDS I LOVE THEM ... GOD -- My daughter just completed Camp Dare (a terrific program).  Seems to me, though, that if they knew God loves them, they might not need Camp Dare as much.
  • WHAT PART OF "THOU SHALT NOT" DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ... GOD -- 'Nuff said.
  • WE NEED TO TALK ... GOD -- Yes, yes we do.  Now's a good time.
  • LOVED THE WEDDING, INVITE ME TO THE MARRIAGE ... GOD -- Need to work on this one, I think.
  • THAT "LOVE THY NEIGHBOR' THING, I MEANT IT ... GOD -- Does this one cover not gossiping?  Just lately, I'm needing to remind myself about this.
  • DON'T MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE ... GOD -- Can you imagine if He did?
  • SOME ANSWERS JUST CANNOT BE FOUND ON GOOGLE - TRY THE BIBLE ... GOD -- I think I can I google the Bible.  Is that OK?

No comments: