Saturday, September 18, 2010

What to do, what to do?

I'm torn.  I have so many things I want to write about, but my family is in crisis mode right now, and I just don't have time.  (Even as I write this, I'm shoving breakfast in my mouth, making a To Do list for the day (which includes Steps 6 and 7 of my son's Science Fair project, plus the required forms), adding to the grocery list, color-coding the kids' meds logs, updating the calendar, trying to figure out who to hit up for offer the Girl Scout Nut/Magazine Sale, and answering my daughter's questions about the Betta fish tank by calling up and down the 2-story foyer.)

Synopsis of the three biggest issues:
  • My daughter's meds are being adjusted, and it's thrown her out of whack for dealing with the stressors in her life.  Big-time.  Really, really bad.  Hospital bad.  (I owe my sister a huge Thank You for talking/praying me through that drive to the ER.)
  • My son's executive functioning problems during the school day are still a big problem, and while the school team is working very hard to address them, we're starting Week 5, and he's still not bringing home what he needs or comprehending just what exactly it is that he's supposed to do with the assignments.
  • My son's EF issues are compounded by his social knowledge deficits.  And vice versa.
I hope to get back here soon because, as I've said before, I write for myself, and I really need to write.

2 comments:

Confessions of a Mother, Lawyer & Crazy Woman said...

I am so sorry you are in crisis mode. And I am so sorry you had to endure an ER visit. Those with the kids are the very worst kind. I really hope life calms down for your family soon. Thinking of you and sending peaceful thoughts your way, J

Lori said...

You know I always have you lifted and will continue to do so...it sounds like you are crazy busy, but if you are up for coffee or something this week just to have a non-needy (not my best wording) ear, I'd be glad to offer!!!!!