Sunday, December 26, 2010

Won't change a thing.

Since we learned just a few days ago that Otis has cancer and will be with us for just a little bit longer, I've taken so many photographs of all of us with that dog!  I have plans.  I'm going to:
  • Change my Facebook profile picture.  (Already done.)
  • Make an ornament.  (Already started.)
  • Order a photo afghan.  (Already priced.)
  • Make paw prints/photo frame.  (Clay already shipped.)
  • Change my computer wallpaper.
  • Make keepsakes for my children.
Check with me tomorrow, and I'll have added to the above, I'm sure.

Not one of these things is going to make the passing of my Otis any easier.  Not on any of us.


3 comments:

kwesleyweaver said...

Wishing you and your family strength and peace.

Lori said...

I wish there was something more that would make it easier, but you are right...it won't change a thing and losing him will hurt. I just continue to pray for your peace and the time you have left with him...xoxoxo

Confessions of a Mother, Lawyer & Crazy Woman said...

I am so sorry about your sweet dog. I know how hard it is to say goodbye to a loved pet, they become members of the family. Sending you love and strength.