Saturday, January 8, 2011

Cycling

Sometimes, there's a lot of despair in parenting children with special needs -- it seems to cycle. Sometimes, when both children are "cycling," it seems overwhelming.

My daughter is definitely in the middle of something, and I don't know how to help her.  For my son, it's the school situation.  I received a response to my request for verification that the proposed amended conditions on my son's IEP are, in fact, legal.  I'm going to have to read the response again, several times, but the long and the short of it is that STEM, according to the Executive Director of Special Education and Student Services,  is designed for a certain type of student, and the description of that student eliminates addressing the special education needs of my son.

Sometimes, there's a lot of despair in parenting children with special needs.

No comments: