Monday, April 18, 2011

A Blog Award? Really?

I don't know if I ever said why I started this blog.  I wanted to post a comment on Lori Does Maryland, but I didn't want to do it anonymously.  I had to create an account, and the set-up boxes just kept appearing; before I knew it, I had a blog!  (It wasn't until much later that I thought, "Oh, geez, I could have just signed my name in the comment box.  Duh!!)

I couldn't just leave the blog all plain, could I?  What if someone actually saw it?  I had to prettify it.  And I couldn't just leave it blank, could I?  What if, well, what if someone wanted to read something?  I had to write something.  The next thing I knew, I had a place to write down all the stuff that squirrels around in my head and keeps me up at night.  Apparently, there are a lot of squirrels.

Imagine my surprise when Karen over at Confessions of an Asperger's Mom awarded me with this:

Thank you, Karen!!

Now, as far as I can tell, such things come with rules.  I'm copying them straight off Confessions of an Asperger's Mom, so bear with me.  (I've got to tell you that since this is my first blog award, I had to google it to see lots of other examples of what you're supposed to do with these things -- sort of like watching what other people do with all that silverware at a fancy meal.  I was hoping Martha had a handy step-by-step list, but alas...)  Karen says:
  1. Winners grab the image above and put it in your blog.
  2. Link back to the person who gave you it.
  3. Tell 10 things about yourself
  4. Award 15 recently discovered bloggers.
  5. Contact the bloggers you have awarded to let them know they have won.
Numbers 1, 2, and 5 are easy-peasy.  It's numbers 3 and 4 that are going to cause me some problems!  So, 10 things about myself...
  1. Peas make me gag.
  2. I have a pretty terrific husband and two kind of cool kids.
  3. Despite #2, much of my "alone time" happens when I lock myself in the bathroom.
  4. One of my favorite quotes is this:  The devil once offered to sell at auction all his tools save one -- discouragement. "For," said he, "if I have that, I can get along very well without the others." (Helen C. White)
  5. I'm scared that our Superintendent of Schools is going to apply for the State Superintendent of Schools position that will become vacant when the current State Superintendent retires in June.  I'm terrified that he's going to get it.
  6. I love Children's National Medical Center in Washington, D.C.  I really dislike Children's billing department.
  7. Matthew changed my life.
  8. I believe that "competent" is one of the highest words of praise I can give someone.
  9. I hate lettuce.  I eat it, but I hate it.  Except on nachos grande.  Go figure.
  10. I learned to drive on an Edsel.
 I don't read blogs quite as much as the requirements expect.  I'll do my best, but I won't hit 15.
  1. I know it says recently discovered bloggers, but I have to fudge on this one because this one changed my life:  Lori Does Maryland.
  2. Again, not as recent, but surely recent is a relative term:  Confessions of a Mother, Lawyer and Crazy Woman.  I laugh 'til my sides hurt.  Unless I cry.  Or both.
  3. Cricut Your Classroom because Wendy is just so clever!  One day, I'll get my rubber stamps back from my sister and start crafting again.  For now, I just envy Wendy.
  4. Autism Sucks because frankly, it does.  Frequently.
It's not 15, but I hope I'll be forgiven the others.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While I recognize that what I write is pretty much for myself and is therefore quite self-focused, I hope that every once in awhile, someone (of the seven people who read this) will find something to think about.

Thanks again, Karen!

2 comments:

Lori said...

You are certainly very deserving! And too kind! Thank you! Lots and lots of love to you too!!!

Confessions of a Mother, Lawyer & Crazy Woman said...

Hey Terri! IT'S A MAJOR AWARD! I will assume my leg lamp is on the way? Thanks so much for the award! I always enjoy reading yout blog, and your excellent writing, so it means a lot that you enjoy reading what I post as well! All my best, J