Friday, November 11, 2011

Moments

Living moment to moment, some good, some not.

Playing together successfully stopped years ago.  Playing together at all stopped months ago.  Last night and again tonight, we -- all four of us -- played Scrabble and keep-away.  My kids have played Scrabble at camps, but we've never played it as a family.  We used the deluxe edition with turntable that my brother gave me decades ago, but we didn't use the rules.  I think this rulelessness irks my husband, but it makes for some lively tile laying!  And if I cringe with every wobble of a lamp during keep-away, oh, well, we're having fun!

Even though last night it transitioned badly, tonight, so far, hasn't become the crisis it could have been.

As I wrote the above, we moved into crisis mode.

No comments: