Friday, January 27, 2012

Trying to rest easy

Rest easy in My embrace.

I'm trying.  The worries swirl around and rob me of happiness.  I need to rest easy, so hard to do when I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, for my daughter to leave us not just emotionally as she has already done but physically, whether through hospitalization, incarceration, or a residential treatment center.   

I don't want to lose this child

Maybe she won't leave us.  Maybe one or a combination of all these interventions will work.  This is where I struggle.  I want to have faith.  I want to hope.  If we can't "have back" the child who has left us, can we forge a new relationship and peace with the one still here?  Can she be happy again?  Can we be happy again?

What will tomorrow bring?

I don't know.  I don't know The Plan.  I'm trying to have faith, I'm trying to have hope, because I love her.

1 comment:

Confessions of a Mother, Lawyer & Crazy Woman said...

I have faith IN you - you are strong and will continue to be so. That I know. Hugs, JS