Tuesday, January 10, 2012

We're leaving in a few minutes for my mom's funeral.  The final "goodbye" before she's laid to rest.  We're burying her next to her daughter.
My daughter and I are staying with my sister.  With the passing of my mom, I've been thinking a lot about what she taught me:  Right from wrong, prayer, Jesus; I don't deserve much, low self-esteem.  So last night when my sister asked me to load up the dishwasher, I stressed.  Why? Because I might have done it wrong, and then my sister might not have loved me anymore.  That's what I learned.

Will you still love me if I don't do it right?
Will you still love me if I don't do it well?
If I tell you my story, who will you tell?
Close it up.  Shut it tight.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The funeral was a lovely goodbye.

1 comment:

Confessions of a Mother, Lawyer & Crazy Woman said...

I just got caught on your blog today, and this is the first I've read of your mother's passing, so please forgive the belated condolences; they are no less heartfelt. Dear Terri, Sending you warm, healing thoughts as you grieve the loss of your mother. XOXO, JS