Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Journeys

The journey of a thousand miles
begins with one step.

Last night, I asked for prayers.  My daughter was out in the cold and the dark, alone, and I felt lost and helpless.  Asking for prayers is not something I do easily, nor is it something I tend to do publicly, but as soon as I realized she wasn't home, I asked for them on Facebook and here.  I was overwhelmed with the immediate response, both of prayers and of her safe return.  

I once posted One step, about the rings I had bought for my daughter and me, hers saying, "Love" and mine saying "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."  Shortly after I found mine in October (in the bottom of the car snack bag, of all places), I lost it again.  I figured that it would turn up again somewhere since I hadn't left the house between seeing it on my hand and losing it.  I wasn't particularly worried.

Today, as I was again picking up dog toys in the back yard -- Milo and Daisy carry them out daily, Milo to his favorite chewing spot and Daisy, well, just because -- I looked down and saw my ring in the grass.  Finding it again, reading the inscription, makes me think that maybe I've taken another step on my journey with God.

1 comment:

Confessions of a Mother, Lawyer & Crazy Woman said...

Terri - This brought tears to my eyes.

I am so very sorry that your family is in crisis. My heart is breaking for you. I am praying for your daughter's safe return to your home and, also, for your peace, strength, and comfort.

Sending your family thoughts of love and light, J