Friday, June 29, 2012

Calgon

I was working on a post (about stress and getting my child up and ready every day), but I'm shelving that one.  Right now, in addition to feeling stressed about getting my child up and ready every day, I'm just so tired of being responsible.

Responsible for getting people places, for getting them home again, for planning and serving meals three times a day, for finding variety in food (when food can't include gluten, casein, corn, and soy), activities, even TV time, for being the only one in the house  who knows who gets which med when despite the existence of an up-to-date meds chart located in the same place it's been for a year, for doctors' visits, lab work, and follow-up, for teaching my children values/ethics/morals and not to have potty mouths at a time when my children are flooded by outside information and consider me a dinosaur, for advocating for my children when systemic problems are treated on a case-by-case basis, for knowing the exact latitude and longitude at all times of all items in the house, yard, and cars, including all things that have ever been lost/misplaced/damaged/destroyed...

When it's summer vacation, my workload quadruples, and I don't get a summer vacation from it.  My husband doesn't take vacation days to give me a vacation from responsibilities.  Even if we take a vacation, I'm still responsible for all the arrangements!

There are no Calgon moments here.  I hold on to the hope I feel every time I see the Staples Back-to-School commercial and hear, "It's the most wonderful time of the year!"  Amen.



No comments: