Thursday, August 2, 2012

Four years, never forgotten

I'm reposting this in honor of Ryan Baumann and with prayers for the comfort of his family, my neighbors.  Thank you for your sacrifice.

Patrolling the hills of Afghanistan

Formal pose

From the Arlington National Cemetery Website:

Sergeant Ryan P. Baumann, 24, of Great Mills, Maryland, died August 1, 2008, on Route Alaska, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained when his vehicle encountered an improvised explosive device. He was assigned to the 4th Battalion, 320th Field Artillery Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), Fort Campbell, Kentucky.


Ryan's family

Ryan Baumann
made a difference in this world.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did not know know Sgt. Baumann but I will never forget standing on the side of Rt. 5 will my three year old at the time and our American flags waiting for his procession to drive by. I felt honored to be able to show my support, southern Maryland made me so proud that day. There hasn't been a Veteran's day since that I haven't thought about Sgt. Baumann and his family. Thank you Sgt. Baumann and all of our soldiers for being willing to make the ultimate sacrifice.